The liturgy is the source and the summit of the Church’s life.
Through the liturgy the Church offers a living sacrifice of praise to God and so receives
the grace to be the light of the world and to glorify the Father in the eyes of all.
DIOCESE OF ARUNDEL & BRIGHTON – LITURGY
Adviser: Catherine Christmas
Phone: 01293 651156
Secretary: Ruth Gerun
Phone: 01293 651164
Adviser: Canon David Parmiter
The Diocesan Liturgy Office is based at St Philip Howard Centre (formerly DABCEC),
4 Southgate Drive, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 6RP
Phone: 01293 515666
DIOCESAN LITURGY COMMISSION:
Canon David Parmiter (Chair)
Rev. Kevin O’Brien
PURPOSE: To work with the parishes and other communities by:
- Planning and co-ordinating diocesan liturgies
- Offering advice, initial training and support for those engaged in parochial liturgical ministries (Readers, Eucharistic Ministers, Musicians, Sacristans, etc.)
- Organising music repertoire days
- Providing ongoing formation for liturgical development
- Providing advice on the reorganisation and embellishment of worship spaces and the design of new churches and chapels.
Please see Pastoral Team Courses and Resources Booklet for details.
DIOCESAN MASTERS OF CEREMONIES:
Rev. Jonathan How
Rev. Aaron Spinelli
ART & ARCHITECTURE COMMITTEE:
Rev. Jonathan How (Chair)
Rev. Martin Jakubas
Rev. Roderick Jones OSB
HISTORIC CHURCHES COMMITTEE
The HCC is a statutory body. It grants faculties (which replace Listed Building Consent) for all alterations to churches which are Listed Buildings or under consideration for Listing, or which are situated in conservation areas.
Further information on the Diocesan website.
Secretary: Mr Michael State
9 Preston Avenue, Rustington, West Sussex, BN16 2DE
Tel: (01903) 856018 Mobile: 07710 432357
THE GUILD OF ST. STEPHEN FOR ALTAR SERVERS
Director: Rev. Aaron Spinelli